The Best SUP River In The Country?
Yes we know that saying the French Broad River is the best river in the world for SUP is a bold statement, but it just may be true! Think about it:
1) The French Broad runs year around.
2) One of the best SUP races in the World, the Battle Of The Broad, is held on the French Broad.
3) The French Broad offers everything from class I – class IV whitewater depending on the section you are paddling.
4) The rocks are very smooth and mostly bedrock making for a relatively safe experience.
5) You can paddle past the largest home in the United States, the Biltmore House.
6) You can float through Asheville and stop at any number of breweries and restaurants.
7) There is an entire camping system on the river called the French Broad Paddle Trail.
8) It is widely speculated that this river has the largest population of Blue Herons in the world!
9) The SUP community around the French Broad is rad!
We could go on and on but don’t take our word for it, come experience SUP on the French Broad yourself! Until then here are some great videos from around the internet. Enjoy!